Instead of working today, I have:
– Googled my medications
– Googled “symptoms after embryo transfer” because I have been sweaty and wobbly today and a bit queasy too. Also yesterday I had a monster migraine that had me weeping and vomiting, and very afraid it was a sign of my body rejecting the embryos
– Googled “pregnant at 40”
– Indulged in infertility porn (ie, the three pregnancy books I hid in a drawer after IVF 1 failed)
– Checked Twitter a million times to see how my cyber friends are going with their attempts
– Googled “best foods for in pregnancy”
– Eaten wholemeal toast with avocdo, homemade veg soup, mashed potato, a spoonful of nutella, two rooibos teas and a pear
– Taken my progesterone, meticorten (prednisone) and two folic acid tablets
– Counted the days till Beta (10!!!)
– Gone for a gentle walk
– Privately decided that I will think of my embryos as Lola and el Guapo
– Checked Facebook.
– Watched episodes of The Good Wife, The Walking Dead and Homeland. Homeland really rocked this week SPOILER ALERT – Sarg. Brody isn’t a terrorist??
– Googled “5d transfer success rates at 39”
What did women do before Google during the TWW?
I MUST do some work now so I have something to show my boss when he wakes up on the other side of the world tomorrow wondering about the eerie silence from my home office outpost.
- 8 big fertility misconceptions (cnn.com)